Seductions Lingerie experts answer questions about sex enhancements and more every day. Believe it or not, a big part of our job is listening to our customers and directing them to their desired products. We’re here to help! And our staff goes through extensive training and mentorship in order to help give our customers the best in-store experience.
So we asked our store managers what are some of the top questions you are asked so that we could bring you the answers:
- What’s the difference between water-based and silicone-based lube? And what would you recommend?
It’s nice when there’s an easy answer, and thanks to the Huffington Post for this concise excerpt from an article entitled “Wetter is Better.”
Water-based lubes are slippery and may need to be reapplied. They are easy to clean up with water. Look for high-quality (body-safe) choices that state petrochemical-free, glycerin-free, and paraben-free.
Silicone-based lubes are slick and can be used in water (hot tubs, showers, lakes, and swimming pools). They are less likely to need multiple applications (in comparison to water-based lubes). They generally require soap and water for clean-up. Use them sparingly and avoid getting them on surfaces you don’t want to slip on later.
- Always use water-based or silicone-based lube with latex condoms.
- To put it another way, never use an oil-based lube with latex condoms (this includes baby oil, coconut oil, etc.) or you run the risk of condom breakage!
- Not only will the slickness of lube enhance your enjoyment, but lube can also make sex with condoms much safer. (Reducing friction helps to keep the condom intact!)
- Always add additional lube when using thin condoms.
- Arousal lubes (generally water-based) can enhance the experience by warming, tingling, and adding a little zing.
- Flavored lubes (also water-based) can add a certain tastiness to the experience. They come in many, many flavors. There are now even organic lubes.
- Desensitizing lubes (Pjur offers a great desensitizing spray) can support men to last longer. If you (or your partner) struggle with premature ejaculation and want endurance, they are the way to go.
We keep samples at each store location, so if you’re curious, ask us, and we’ll let you rub a little on your hand so you can feel the difference.
- What’s the difference between the male enhancement pills you guys have here and Viagra or Cialis? Do the pills work?
The enhancement pills we sell are herbal and naturally based, so these are kind of a one-and-done solution if you’re in a slump. However, we are not medical experts. Visiting with us cannot replace speaking with your healthcare provider about issues you are having, such as erectile dysfunction. That said, we have clients who RAVE about their results and return every few weeks for another jolt that these pills bring. And it’s not just the guys; the ladies love our supplements too. Men and women should have increased blood flow to the erogenous zones and a boost of energy.
- What size does your lingerie go up to? Do you carry plus-sized or pluscious lingerie?
Many studies show that the average American woman wears a 16-18 and is at least 20 pounds heavier than women in the 1960s. So yeah, we purchase “plus” size lingerie. The only problem is keeping it in stock. Our advice is if there’s a size you want, contact your store manager and request it for the coming season and ask to be notified when it arrives. Many of our plus-sized manufacturers send the lingerie neatly packaged, but does that mean you can’t try it on? Of course not! Just ask. Heck, we’ll even steam it for you to take home.
- What would you recommend for a couple’s toy, and what do you have that is different than just a regular vibrator?
Where to begin? For couples, it depends on the type of “play” you desire. Are you getting into anal? We have everything from strapons to butt plugs. Do you want to heighten stimulation to the clitoris? We have both oils and toys which can create a magical effect. Are you looking at roleplaying? We’ve got costumes and props that may bring an added spark to your relationship.
What do we have that’s different than a regular vibrator? Great question! So where will it be used? While it may seem awkward to tell a complete stranger that you’d like your spouse to put a face gag with a strapon dildo, we’ve probably heard kinkier and are happy to direct you to the right section of the toys to help you live out your fantasies. We have a wide range of items for solo or couple-play.
- I don’t want to get too personal… but I’m having this issue… can you help?
You know what? We hear it all. From painful intercourse to wanting to try something kinky. As long as there’s mutual respect from both the customer and the employee, then we don’t have a problem with having a frank discussion. We’re happy to tell you about lubes and oils that may reduce friction, show you the top-selling enhancement pills, look for plus-size lingerie or larger shoes for the fellas who want to get glam, and direct you to our most erotic toys. Our goal for Seductions is to be a safe, respectful, clean, and friendly place for our customers and employees. Advice from our staff should never replace that of a medical professional.
Have a question for us? Don’t be afraid to ask your sales associate at one of our many locations across the state: Conway, Fayetteville, Jonesboro, and Jacksonville.